This position is responsible for supporting business development and sales functions, handling customer service, approving equipment installation, acting as liaison between commercial and technical teams, researching new market opportunities, and other tasks as identified. The job may require occasional travel both domestically and internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a sufficient understanding of Sapphire’s technologies and products
- Evaluate and approve customer installation designs
- Conduct system level modelling and analyses
- Create, review and edit product manuals, specification sheets and internal technical procedures
- Internally communicate product improvement feedback and product market trends
- Continuously monitor and share information on competitors to ensure Sapphire’s offering maintains its competitive position
- Provide management team with relevant field data reports
- Provide technical support to the sales team during customer webinars, conference calls and in-person visits
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Minimum of 5 years of application engineering and customer service experience
- Able to dig deep and ask the right questions to understand and categorize the true needs and wants of customers
- Capable of conceptualizing and articulating problem statements and solutions internally and externally
- Able to identify the value of our technology for the customer’s process and equipment
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and pursue opportunities
- Engineering degree – electrical, mechanical, industrial, chemical, etc.
- Self-driven and goal-driven
- Persuasive and persistent
- Solid communication skills, written and oral
- Proven track record with cross-cultural engagement
Nice to Have
- Experience with application engineering or customer service in a turbomachinery company
- Experience with application engineering or customer service in a clean energy company
- Aptitude to learn technology from an application perspective
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company where the efforts of one or two individuals are very impactful
- Experience with Solidworks or other design and drafting systems
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.