Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assemble high precision motor, generator and turbo machinery equipment components and systems
- Assemble electrical and magnetic bearing systems
- Follow blueprints, routers and work instructions
- Execute test plans with engineering inputs and document test results
- Test facility operations, including hook ups of data acquisition systems
- Coordinate with internal teams for product testing related to engineering, production and manufacturing efforts
- Oversee testing lab, including equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Field support to assist in troubleshooting and commissioning, as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Skills, Experience, Education and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of motor, generator, power electronics and magnetic bearing components
- Ability to use tools, fixtures and testing apparatuses
- Ability to build assemblies based on blueprints, routers and work instructions
- Ability to use data acquisition and diagnostic instrumentation – oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers and common electrical meters
- Hands-on experience with rotating machinery and variable frequency drives is a benefit
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in oral and written form, along with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- High degree of independent judgment with minimal supervisory guidance
- Strong technical communication required for customer support and training
- Additional computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to Have
- Experience with RS-232/485 communication and MODBUS protocols
- Experience with AC-DC conversion equipment and motor drives
- Experience with customer service in a turbomachinery company
- Experience with customer service in a clean energy company
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company where the efforts of one or two individuals are very impactful
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidate will not typically be travelling, however must be able to travel up to 10% of the time to support field operations as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.