The role of Buyer Planner is to strategically manage the replenishment of materials to ensure a high customer service level, while optimizing inventory and reducing cost. This position is responsible for all planning and procurement activities supporting production, maintaining inventory levels within business goals and planning parameters within ERP system, and developing supplier relationships. The job will require coordination with internal departments to assure timely production and delivery at the highest quality and lowest cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Source new components and services from new and existing supplier base
- Maintain uninterrupted supply of material to meet build schedule requirements
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure on time hardware build schedule
- Continuously monitor and follow up to assure on-time delivery
- Expedite, reschedule or change scheduled deliveries as dictated by changes in demand to align supply with demand
- Participate in project review meetings and provide timely updates to project engineers and program managers on delivery status and recovery plans.
- Process supplier deviation requests and attain approvals from internal customer(s)
- Assess supplier quality capabilities, participate in quality audits and ensure timely resolution of any supplier quality issues
- Drive supplier quality improvements through the supplier corrective action processes
- Actively participate in production readiness activities, ensuring that design drawings include pertinent quality standards
- Create and maintain routers and BOMs in the ERP system
- Responsible for maintaining data accuracy within the ERP system to include work orders, inventory, delivery dates, purchase orders for outside processes, etc
- Audit and change planning parameters to ensure ERP data integrity
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Associates degree or equivalent certification in Business, Operations/Production Management, Supply Chain or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing environment, preferably in turbomachinery and/or high-speed electric motors/generators
- Experience with lean manufacturing such as DFT (Demand Flow Technology) and Kanban inventory management techniques
- In-depth knowledge of material Resource Planning (MRP) and integrated computerized manufacturing systems (ERP)
- Quality experience relating to traceability and configuration management control to assure conformance to specific customer documentation requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in oral and written form, along with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- High degree of independent judgment with minimal supervisory guidance
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with outstanding follow up skills
- Additional computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to Have
- APICS certification a plus
- Experience in a turbomachinery company
- Experience in a clean energy company
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company where the efforts of one or two individuals are very impactful
- Experience with Solidworks or other design/drafting systems
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.