Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the operation and manufacturing process of the VSD, MBC, and DBR
- Ability to cooperate and work with the electrical technicians on the shop floor
- Understand the component and system level electrical testing requirements.
- Determine the best way to manufacture these subassemblies in the future. Coordinate with suppliers as required to accomplish this task.
- Production Planning understanding of lead times like Printed Control Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA) and other component requirements, including agency and safety certifications.
- Project Management Understand the existing manufacturing process. Develop/Improve or modify the process as required to meet final product requirement
- Ownership of the manufacturing and test process of the electrical subassemblies.
- Production Support Leadership Ensure all current and future production requirements are met.
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing principals in order to design a process to efficiently build high quality electrical assemblies
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities
- Electrical Engineering Degree (or equivalent) with at least 3 years of experience, or 10+ years of electrical manufacturing experience.
- Should be able to develop electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing experience, or at least training highly desired
- Solid works or other CAD program experience working with electrical diagrams is essential
- Experience manufacturing of electrical subassemblies and variable frequency drives strongly preferred
- Understanding of electrical agency and safety certifications and standards is desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
- Integrity & honesty
- Leadership skills, with the ability to influence others for support
- Team player with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively with suppliers and technicians to resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with the power of positive persuasion
- Bias for execution and action
- Accountability & ownership
No direct supervisory responsibilities, however, the candidate must be able to lead a team both internally & externally.
This is primary and on-site position, where time will be split between the office, shop floor, and supplier locations. Candidate must be comfortable with travel as required to support production. Travel is not expected to exceed 10%, however, is also dependent on sourcing decisions that the candidate will be involved with.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.