This position is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support in the production and testing of high- speed motors and generators, power electronics and magnetic bearing systems. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for process design, development of tools/fixtures and generating work instructions. This position serves as a liaison between engineering and production for successful system integration and process improvements to improve quality, cost and delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- Design tooling and fixtures to support product fabrication, assembly and test
- Coordinate design criteria with vendors and/or customers when applicable
- Lead the fabrication of tooling and fixtures by internal and external suppliers
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing functions, including assembly, purchasing and QA
- Improve overall processes and related issues including process development, scheduling, process documentation, product assembly and production processes
- Specify, install, troubleshoot and debug tooling and capital equipment
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- B.S. degree in a technical field (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience required
- Solid 3D mechanical design utilizing SolidWorks
- Solid 2D drafting skills per ASME 14.5M
- Experience building turbomachinery and/or highspeed electric motors
- Familiar with creating ERP system BOMs & Routers
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes: casting, machining, milling, grinding, mechanical assembly, electrical assembly and welding
- Knowledge of inspection techniques: dimensional, non-destructive testing methods, pressure and leak testing of process piping and housings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in oral and written form, along with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- High degree of independent judgment with minimal supervisory guidance
- Additional computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to Have
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience in a turbomachinery company
- Experience in a clean energy company
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company where the efforts of one or two individuals are very impactful
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.