We are seeking a Production Manager whose overall responsibility will be to manage production activities and achieve objectives in safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, cost control, customer service, and staff development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Achieve performance objectives and targets. Develop daily/weekly/monthly metrics and management reports as required
- Drive continuous improvement through full cycle problem solving and corrective/preventative actions
- Lead implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives
- Develop and implement appropriate cost saving ideas for production operations
- Communicate effectively production targets and priorities to manufacturing and support teams
- Manage employee selection, training, performance evaluation, documentation, salary and termination processes
- Act as project manager for capital projects
- Lead all facility related projects and needs
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Skills, Experience, Education and Abilities
- 5 – 8 years relevant experience in manufacturing environment, preferably producing complex electro-mechanical products.
- BS degree in Engineering, Industrial/Operations Management desired or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive, productive, problem-solving and high performance work teams.
- Lean manufacturing implementation experience.
- Display good judgment in the face of changing priorities and multiple problems. Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- High degree of mechanical skills and aptitude
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Computer skills, including ERP systems and MS Office applications
- Supervise, lead, train, develop and effectively evaluate the performance of others.
- Able to coach and mentor with a background of leading highly effective and efficient teams.
- Self-driven and goal-driven
- Solid communication skills, written and oral
- Proven track record with cross-cultural engagement
- High energy, results oriented transformational leader with can-do attitude.
- Able to energize and motivate workforce in dynamic environment with multiple competing initiatives/priorities
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company, where the impact of a leader is significant
Overall supervisory responsibility for all production personnel including machine shop.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly be in a manufacturing plant environment, non-controlled climate
- Use of personal protective equipment required in plant/production areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.