Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a sufficient understanding of Sapphire technologies and be able to articulate the value proposition of our products
- Prepare short proposals and quotations
- Process customer purchase orders, as needed
- Qualify leads and be able to present the value proposition
- Develop a sufficient understanding of our costing tools to assess project costs
- Continuously monitor and share information internally on competitors to ensure Sapphire’s offering maintains its competitive position
- Provide management team with relevant sales/service reports
- Drive customer-focused solution sales processes
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Analytical - Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen - A positive attitude and professional image with impeccable business ethics. Driven, passionate, and results oriented.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information; skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Achievement Focus - High level of drive, energy and initiative, capable of working effectively with minimal guidance. Self-starter, who takes initiative, co-operates with and leverages internal resources. Well organized and capable of establishing and maintaining proper priorities. Focus on results rather than activities.
- Communications - Express ideas and thoughts verbally; express ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibit good listening and comprehension; keep others adequately informed; select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Language Ability - Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
- Mathematical Ability - Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is expected. Excellent communication skills are a necessity.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical sales experience selling solutions to various industries within the same job
- Able to dig deep and ask the right questions to understand and categorize the true needs and wants of customers
- Capable of conceptualizing and articulating problem statements and solutions internally and externally
- Able to identify the value of our technology for the customer’s process/equipment
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and pursue opportunities
- Engineering degree – electrical, mechanical, industrial, chemical, etc., however no direct engineering work experience necessary
- Self-driven and goal-driven
- Persuasive and persistent
- Solid communication skills, written and oral
- Proven track record with cross-cultural engagement
Nice to Have
- Experience with application engineering or sales in a turbomachinery company
- Experience with application engineering or sales in a clean energy company
- Aptitude to learn technology from an application perspective
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company, where the business development efforts of one or two individuals are very impactful, positively or negatively
- Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.