Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commissioning of prototypes and repeat projects at customer facilities including installation support, diagnosis, data collection and dissemination to all internal teams
- Coordination with internal teams for product testing or troubleshooting related to engineering, production and manufacturing efforts
- Communication and coordination with customer/stakeholders on field service and support matters
- Diagnostics of commissioned equipment at customer sites and attending to customer requests for support through phone, email or personal support at site
- Documenting commissioning and field service activities for customer reports and internal records.
- Evaluate options, propose solutions and make decisions when required
- Support new and prototype testing as requited, and other operational needs of the business
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical) with 5 years experience desirable
- Ability to read schematics, engineering drawings and technical data sheets
- Ability to use data acquisition and diagnostic instrumentation – oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, common electrical meters
- Hands-on experience with rotating machinery and variable frequency drives a plus
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, a plus
- RS-232/ 485 communication, MODBUS protocols
- DSP based buck/ boost converters, AC-DC conversion equipment, motor drives
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in technical communication required for customer support and training
- Team player with the ability to lead and learn
- Willingness to work with experienced specialized engineers for diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Integrity & honesty
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Candidate must be able to lead a team both on and off-site.
Depending on the phase of the project, time will be split between office, shop floor and customer sites. Candidate must be comfortable with travel ~50% of the time, up to 70% during period of heavy off-site support requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.